Important Notice: Covid-19 Response
Published: 6th April, 2020
COVID-19 Policy 06-04-2020
Johnson & Allen are closely monitoring government advice on COVID-19, whilst striving to run our operations as normal in these unprecedented times.
We would like to reassure you that we are diligently following guidance and best practise from the NHS and Government, amongst others to ensure that our products and services are delivered to you in the safest way possible.
The UK has at least 12 critical national infrastructure sectors identified as chemicals, civil, nuclear, communications, defence, emergency services, energy, food, health, space, transport and water. Together, these systems, networks and assets are considered essential and their continued operation is required to ensure the security of the UK, its economy and public health and safety.
This is why Johnson & Allen is committed to providing essential support to clients and keep the wheels of industry turning.
What is Johnson & Allen doing?
The health, well-being and safety of our customers and staff remain our priority. We have therefore implemented measures to restrict contact and protect everyone over the coming weeks and months:
- Johnson & Allen’s Head Office will be open as normal from 8.30am to 4.30pm GMT every week day (except for bank holidays) as normal.
- Johnson & Allen’s Scotland Office in East Calder will be closed until further notice - We ask that visitors to this site contact our head office to arrange alternative plans.
- We ask that all customers now go straight to the trade counter in the Aerosol Plant situated at our Head Office building for all collections and drop-offs in order to reduce face to face contact.
- If the shutter door is down please knock on it to alert a member of staff.
- Non-essential meetings will be done via conference call or postponed until further notice.
- We will support staff who need to self-isolate and work remotely where possible.
- We ask that you support us with hand washing facilities where appropriate during collections, drop-offs and site visits.
- Hygiene practice remains high and we are taking measures to ensure our offices and vans are cleaned on a regular basis.
- We will strive to limit the number of Johnson & Allen employees to a single engineer for essential call-outs and site assessments where practically possible.
- While attending customer premises Johnson & Allen engineers will obey all customer policies in relation to COVID-19.
- If advice changes Johnson & Allen will update their policy accordingly.
Johnson & Allen’s Calibration Department remains open, principally to serve organizations to whom it is essential they maintain their accreditations to service critical national infrastructure.
On this basis in-house calibration services at our Sheffield site are expected to continue for equipment such as light meters and Gauss meters.
Current governmental policy regarding COVID 19 has meant hotels have had to close for leisure and commercial activities but where practically possible our engineers can still make site visits for both existing and new customers.
Johnson & Allen will contact customers prior to attending on site for all visits. However any calibration specific enquiries can be emailed to: email@example.com
Got any unanswered questions?
Should you wish to speak to a member of our team please contact our Head Office, either online or by phone.
Thank you for your support - The J&A Team