Job Listing: Technical Sales Assistant/NDT Level 2 Technician
Published: 8th August, 2018
Johnson & Allen seek motivated individual for a Technical Sales Assistant role within the company
Technical Sales Assistant/NDT Level 2 Technician
Johnson & Allen seek a motivated individual for a Technical Sales Assistant role within the company.
ASNT/PCN Level 2 qualification in MT & PT (UT and other PCN qualification would be beneficial) including:
- Undertake Magnetic Particle and Dye Penetrant testing in accordance with written procedures.
- Knowledge of standards and best practices.
- Ability to select the appropriate technique for the test method to be used.
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method.
- Translate codes, standards, specifications and procedures into MT/PT testing instructions adapted to the actual working conditions.
- Prepare written Magnetic Particle Testing instructions.
- Prepare test specimens, setup, and adjust test equipment.
- Accurately analyse, interpret and verify test data.
- Complete, evaluate and document results and technical reports of the test results in a clear and well written manner in accordance with set procedures and specifications.
- Review NDT procedures and specifications.
- Possess good organisational skills.
- Maintain related test equipment and tools in good working condition.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Preferably at least 2 years’ experience working in the field of MT and PT.
Skills & Experience Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong math foundation.
- Engineering background with some understanding of fabrication/electrics/magnetism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Personable with strong customer facing skills for dealing with customers, inspectors, auditors etc.
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.
- Methodical with a keen eye for detail and the ability to work accurately.
- Problem solver with the ability to anticipate problems and needs and provide solutions.
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
- Conscientious with a positive attitude and desire to learn and improve.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and abroad as dictated by business need.
- Clean driving licence.
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Job Role Includes
- Calling in to customers/potential customers.
- Preparing quotes.
- Technical advice.
- Demonstration of products/equipment.
- In-house and on-site testing and reporting.
- Attending exhibitions.
The successful candidate will realise both variety and diversity within this position, with a mixture of both office and shop-floor working environments, both in-house and on-site.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established Sheffield based company specializing in MPI and DPI.
- Contract: Full Time – Permanent - Basic 37.5 hour week (8.30am – 5:00pm) but requiring additional flexibility for some inclusive early starts, late finishes and occasional overnights stays (generally between 1 - 3 nights).
- Start Date: Immediate/asap.
- Location: Sheffield based.
- Salary: Dependant on qualifications and experience.
- Holidays: 30 days per annum (inclusive of statutory/shutdown days).
- Pension Scheme: 3% employee - 3% employer contribution.
- Company vehicle: Yes.
- Health Cover: Option to join Westfield Corporate Advantage Health Plan through the company.
Please send your CV with a short covering letter to:
Contact details: Melanie Robinson, Johnson & Allen Ltd, Neocol Works, Smithfield, Sheffield, S3 7AR
Tel: +44 (0)114 273 8066
We will attempt to respond to all applicants in a timely manner.