Job Listing: Technical Sales Manager
Published: 16th August, 2018
Johnson & Allen seek motivated individual for a Technical Sales Manager role within the company
Technical Sales Manager
Johnson & Allen seek a high calibre professional Technical Sales Manager with industry experience to sell Magnetic Particle and Dye Penetrant Inspection equipment and systems. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established Sheffield based company specializing in MPI and DPI.
An in depth knowledge of Magnetic Particle and Dye Penetrant Inspection theory and practicalities is essential, and knowledge of other NDT disciplines would be advantageous. An engineering background would also be extremely beneficial.
This will primarily be a National sales role, based in Sheffield. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling the full sales cycle, including lead generation, advising, tendering, closing, delivery, commissioning and aftercare.
As Technical Sales Manager you will be charged with advising, quoting and selling Magnetic Particle and Dye Penetrant equipment and systems for the Aerospace, Nuclear, Military, Power Generation, Gas, Oil, Automotive, Railway, Metals, Insurance, Validation and General Engineering markets.
Applicants will need to have excellent communication skills with the ability to ‘problem solve’, take on challenges and work under pressure. These skills will be invaluable when meeting customers and tendering for contracts. Johnson & Allen are looking for personable, confident and self-motivated individual with a proven track record in these attributes.
Team work and liaising with customers, staff and other departments is an essential part of this position, as is time management and flexibility. The Sales Manager will not only be expected to manage their own workload, but also oversee the technical sales department and give informal and regular briefings to key staff.
ASNT/PCN qualifications in MT, PT and other NDT disciplines as well as degrees and qualifications in STEM will be beneficial.
Other Skills Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.
- Methodical with a keen eye for detail and the ability to work accurately.
- Problem solver with the ability to anticipate problems and needs and provide solutions.
- Conscientious with a positive attitude and desire to learn and improve.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and abroad as dictated by business need.
- Clean driving licence.
- Due to the nature of this role being based in Sheffield, ideal candidates will be local to this area.
- Contract: Full Time – Permanent - Basic 37.5 hour week (8.30am – 5:00pm) but requiring additional flexibility for some inclusive early starts, late finishes and occasional overnights stays (generally between 1 - 3 nights).
- Start Date: Immediate/asap.
- Location: Sheffield based.
- Salary: Dependant on qualifications and experience.
- Holidays: 30 days per annum (inclusive of statutory/shutdown days).
- Pension Scheme: 3% employee - 3% employer contribution.
- Company vehicle: Yes.
- Health Cover: Option to join Westfield Corporate Advantage Health Plan through the company.
- DISS: 2 x basic salary
Please send your CV with a short covering letter to:
Contact details: Melanie Robinson, Johnson & Allen Ltd, Neocol Works, Smithfield, Sheffield, S3 7AR
Tel: +44 (0)114 273 8066
We will attempt to respond to all applicants in a timely manner.