NDT Yoke Battery Pack
AC 'EAZY' Powerbelt for Portable MPI
Using the market proven JAY and JAYSON yokes as a base, Johnson & Allen researched and developed ways of making them portable. Unwilling to retreat from this task and using DC yokes as an easy way out, Johnson & Allen sought a way of maintaining the sought after 'skin effect' created by AC yokes while still having the unit powered by a lightweight battery - The skin effect producing the highest levels of defect detection clarity for surface and near surface defects. The result was the 'AC-EAZY' Powerbelt; A tool-belt design that can convert 12V DC into 110V AC.
Battery operated Wave Form Generator
The wave form generator in the JAY-PAC produces a stable supply that closely mimics a normal mains AC supply as opposed to using pulsed DC which generally gives a lower level of inspection clarity. The Lithium ion battery also features a ‘fuel gauge’ function so operators can view the remaining charge left in the battery.
Handheld Portable AC Electromagnet
For ease of use and increased safety Johnson & Allen fit the JAY and JAYSON with flexible curly leads and packaged them with Powerbelts to form JAY-PAC's, JAYSON-PAC's and JAYMI-PAC's.
For customers with existing mains powered yokes the AC ‘EAZY’ Powerbelt can be supplied by itself (without a yoke) and with a 110V female adaptor - The AC 'EAZY' Powerbelt will power most other brands of yoke with similar current requirements to our own.
Replacement parts also available.
AC 'EAZY' Powerbelt Includes
- 1 x Inverter unit - Converts 12 DC to 110V AC
- 1 x 18Ah Lithium battery - Lightweight at only 1.25Kg
- 1 x Fast-charge battery charger - Includes several common plugs
- 1 x Leather belt - 2" Thick
- 1 x Leather inverter-battery double pouch
- 1 x Leather yoke holder
- 2 x Leather aerosol holders
- 1 x Durable carry case with foam inserts
Additional Product Data
- Can be supplied with a JAY, JAYSON or JAYMI yoke
- Powerbelt available without yoke - 110V female adaptor accpets other similar types of yokes
- Thick steeple jack type leather - Incredible hard wearing with a long product life
- Battery holds enough charge for a full 8 hour shift on a single charge
- Auto-sensing mode
- Quick charger includes several common plugs
- Additional pouches available
- Ideal for rope access, working at heights or work in the field
- Made in Sheffield with refurbishment and repair services available
- UK Customers can request a demonstration - Please contact our head office
- Patents applied for "Self contained body mounted MPI AC System" - UK 1117266.5, GB 1212644.7 and US 2013088220A1