Sherwin PSM-5 TAM Panel
5 Star Panel
System Performance Check
Penetrant test panels based on the Pratt & Whitney TAM drawing 146040 are one of the most popular industry approved methods of performing system performance checks on DPI systems.
Pratt & Whitney Approved (146040)
Sherwin are a long standing Pratt & Whitney approved manufacturer of TAM panels with Sherwin generally been seen as the gold standard of penetrant test panel within the Aerospace sector.
The Sherwin TAM panel is a stainless steel plate with half the test surface hard coated with a micro thin chrome coloured alloy. The chrome coloured half contains five controlled and evenly spaced cracked centers – With the cracked centers in a circular pattern forming 5 star-like shapes. The non-coated side is grit blasted to give a roughness and is for testing the washability* of penetrant and for performing background tests.
*Washability is the visual assessment of excess penetrant removal.
- Pratt & Whitney (146040) approved
- Meets the requirements for Mil 6866 and ASTM E1417 as a system performance check
- Industry approved method of performing a penetrant system performance check
- Used globally and in several large aerospace companies
- Serialised and supplied calibrated with relevant paperwork
- Supplied in storage case with foam insert